Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Beginners - Part 2 - Royal Icing, Glaze Recipes

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beginners - Part 2 - Royal Icing, Glaze Recipes

I'm often asked by beginners for the recipes that I use for cookie dough and for icing.

You'll find my list of cookie recipes on this page.

I use royal icing to decorate my cookies.  The following royal icing recipes are nearly identical.

Royal Icing Recipes . . .

Sugarbelle's - the 2 lb version will be plenty for one batch of cookies.
Glorious Treats - and a great tutorial on outlining and flooding.
Sweetopia's
Lilaloa's
Bake at 350's
Design Me a Cake's

Sugarbelle's Chocolate Royal Icing

Glaze Recipes . . .

Some cookiers prefer to work with Glaze.
CookieCrazie's
Karen's Cookies

Royal Glaze Recipe . . .

Still others sing the praises of "Royal Glaze" - a combination of royal icing and glaze.  The invention of  Michelle, From Oven...to Lovin'

If you're new to cookieing, choose a dough recipe, an icing recipe and get to it!

7 comments:

  1. They sure are! I hope you find a recipe that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vanilla, chocolate even peppermint buttercream icing and I am so afraid of the royal icing. Many sites say the icing is really hard( break your teeth) and don't taste good. But like you once were- I am dying to make beautiful sugar cookies-which means royal icing is a must. Do you recommend one over another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glaze and Royal Glaze don't break your teeth! I haven't tried the Glaze recipes above, but I know many that use them. I love the Royal Glaze. It's a favorite!

      Delete
    2. I too don't like to use royal icing and tried it several times but don't like it. I found that glaze works just as great and just make sure you have the right consistency.. I was able to do the cookies just fine and yes it does take a long time to dry, but I think if you want to provide quality cookies where it taste great, then this is the way to go. In my opinion...

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...