Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie Platter

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie Platter

Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing - Turkey Platter


My favorite and basic cookie decorating supplies are available on my website.

Ready to start or grow your cookie decorating business?  I can help with ebooks and online business classes.

http://www.sugardotcookies.com/

Follow me on instagram for cookie tutorials and tips!

https://www.instagram.com/sugardotcookies/ 

 

This is my version of Sugarbelle's turkey platter.

I wanted the feathers to fan out so that meant some hand-cutting.  I used a #8 cutter for the turkey body.


For my sample platter, I wanted to keep the feathers simple for a beginner cookie party I was hosting.  I couldn't quite help myself though and added some detail to a few feathers just in case anyone wants to jazz them up a bit.  I also decorated two slightly different designs for the turkey body.

It could be two turkeys.......

Or the way I intended, a double layer of feathers......

The eyes and beak are just slightly different....


Visit my website for supplies to make your own decorated cookies!

Thanks!


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What cookie cutter did you use for the bigger feathers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both feathers are from Truly Mad Plastics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so so much! I just ordered the feather cookie cutters. I can’t wait to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a candy corn cookie cutter and a number 8 cookie cutter that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...