Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Mason Jar and Flowers Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mason Jar and Flowers Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

I recently ordered a whole bunch of cutters from Plastics in Print (closed for right now).

One of the cutters that I was excited to test out was the mason / canning jar.  I've seen one used as a vase for flowers in cookie form many times.  I wanted to give it a shot too.

I love how it came out.  Of course I used my KopyKake to write "Ball".  Gosh I'm thankful for that thing.  Writing like this just wouldn't be possible for me without it.

I considered piping stems down through the jar, but decided against it.  I wasn't sure if I could pull it off successfully.

The jar is the smaller of the two that PIP offers.  It's just three inches tall.

This is a small platter.  I think it would be nice for Mother's Day, Get Well, maybe a teacher gift.


But how would a row of jars look if these were to be for a party? 


Meh.  Too much empty space.  I think that it would be cuter to have three separate small plates to display on a dessert table.

Love PIP and love my jar cutter!

6 comments:

  1. What a great little bouquet. It is the right gift for so many occasions and the writing on the jar is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes!! These are awesome! Do you take orders? please contact me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth! I do take orders - but just locally.
    http://SugarDotCookies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies are so beautiful! I love all of them!
    Suzanne
    www.suzdaily.com

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...