Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Sugar Stamps - Royal Icing Sugar Cookies

Monday, November 30, 2015

Sugar Stamps - Royal Icing Sugar Cookies

I've been experimenting with adorable Sugar Stamps.   Those experiments worked beautifully!

My experiments with royal icing did not go well.

The first thing I tried was to pipe royal icing onto the cookies.  Then flip the cookies over onto the sheets.  Sugar Stamp sheets need heat to transfer the design.  I thought I'd try using a dehydrator set at 155 degrees.  I left the cookies in the dehydrator for about an hour then left them to dry at room temperature over night.


The next day......

Fail.  The royal icing couldn't completely dry because of the plastic sheet over it.  The design didn't transfer well at all.  Perhaps from the lack of heat.

Next experiment....Try to transfer the design onto cookies covered in royal icing that has already dried completely.

I placed the Sugar Stamp, design side down, over the iced/dried cookie.  Then I applied heat with a hot air gun.

The result?  Nothing.  The design did not transfer AT ALL.  Bummer.


I'd love to figure out a way to marry Sugar Stamps and royal icing!  Any ideas?

Update:  More experiments with Sugar Stamps and Royal Icing.
Royal Icing Transfers 
Candy Melt Accents on Royal Icing Sugar Cookies

I am a US distributor for Sugar Stamps.  Sheets are available for purchase on my website.

Check out the many other creations I've made with Sugar Stamps.

#SugarStamps

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am not of royal icing on my cookies because it dries so hard. I typically use for the details after the glaze hardens. I was thinking of maybe using butter cream MM fondant as that can be warmed up. Then then applying the Sugar Dot sheet to the warm fondant and cut with cookie cutter. Then the cut out can he apply to the cookie. Similar to what you did with the melting chocolates. That was A great idea by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the typos. Not a big fan of royal icing to cover my cookies. And CT I use glaze icing was what I was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the typos. Not a big fan of royal icing to cover my cookies. And CT I use glaze icing was what I was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea with the MM fondant! I was wondering if you could heat regular fondant, but wasn't optimistic about the results. If you can heat MM fondant, it just might work!

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...