Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Bridal Shower Cookies - Hearts and Gowns

Monday, March 25, 2013

Bridal Shower Cookies - Hearts and Gowns

I had a request for wedding gown and flower heart cookies for a bridal shower.  Actually, I was sent a photo of these gorgeous cookies by The Sugar Tree.

I asked her if I could copy them and she sweetly agreed.  I made a few changes - the shape of the gown cutter is slightly different.  I chose to make just two flowers on the hearts.  I wanted to show more of one flower and balance it with less of a flower on the opposite side.

The tops of the gowns are covered in sanding sugar.  I really wish I had dropped that sugar pearl just below the lavender belt to cover up that little glob there.

The flowers on the hearts are brush embroidery.  I love doing that technique but still need practice, even after 25 of them for this order, they're still not exactly how I'd like them.  Pretty though.

Love this set!  Thanks to The Sugar Tree!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love these cookies. Very cute! What are the measurements? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Gowns, 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
    Hearts, 3 1/4" x 3"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Can you tell me where you purchased the cutter for the dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fused two shapes together. I used the bottom of a wedding dress (no idea where the cutter came from) and a mini heart for the top.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...