Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Super Simple Winter Sugar Cookies

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Super Simple Winter Sugar Cookies

In the theme of trying to keep things simple, I made some snowy, winter cookies.

Cutout and round snowflakes.

See that single, lonely dragee?  Mistake.  My thought was to cover the messy intersection of all of the lines.  It just looks small and out of place.


No frills snowmen.  I was tempted to add ear muffs, but refrained.


The whole wintery collection . . .


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Simple,sweet and effective. How'd you put the blush on the snowman faces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marian! I painted it on with gel food coloring and a touch of water. I wanted to brush on dry petal dust, but it wasn't sticking unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple & stunning. It just occured to me that they look like a cookie that promises to be as delicious as they look. People would be eager to eat them. Sometimes highly decorated cookies are amazing to look at but people are almost afraid to eat them! Isn't eating the whole point of cookies?! I know your cookies taste wonderful and your designs will make them disappear quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know how you make and get the frosting on so smooth and beautifully!!! Please!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to know how you make and get the frosting on so smooth and beautifully!!! Please!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the consistency of the royal icing. If it's thin enough, it will smooth itself out. Pipe a damn around the cookie with thicker icing, let that dry for a few minutes, then flood with the thinner icing. That's it. :)

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...