Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Bluebird Sugar Cookies Embroidered with Royal Icing

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bluebird Sugar Cookies Embroidered with Royal Icing

Two of my very favorite things coming together - embroidery and cookies!  Instead of fabric and floss, I used sugar cookies and royal icing!

I think that one of the main reasons that I love decorating cookies is because it's a combination of crafting and baking - both of which I love to do.

Most of my crafting is needlework - sewing, crochet, embroidery. Give me some fabric, thread, yarn, ribbon, a comfy chair and I'm happy.

I have embroidery patterns. Lots of embroidery patterns. Tons of vintage embroidery patterns from ebay. Old embroidery books from used book stores. New embroidery books. New patterns. Um, lots of patterns.

The vintage designs are often quirky.  The quirkier the better for me . . . 



Those are some flour sack towels that I stitched up.

For a while now, I've been thinking of trying an embroidery pattern on cookies. I've seen many examples of brush embroidery cookies. Gorgeous (and something I want to try), but they don't look like the kind of embroidery I do.

This past weekend I took out my KopyKake projector, chose a cute vintage bird pattern and got to stitching. I mean decorating.


I am in love with the result!

I've only used the KopyKake a few times. I was still a little intimidated by it but felt much more comfortable this time.

There will be many more embroidered cookies in my future!

6 comments:

  1. So Cute! Also I love your font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a kopykake projector? I love your vintage embroidered cookies! Thank you! NancyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy. Here it is...
    http://www.madisonartshop.com/ko30cadepr.html?productid=ko30cadepr&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=SolidCactus

    I should write up a post about using it. There are lots of tutorials out there - try Sweetopia and CristiinsCookies.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...