Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Snail Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing - Tutorial

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Snail Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing - Tutorial

I just got a mini snail cookie cutter.  So cute!  I wanted some larger snails to go with the little ones but didn't have another cutter, so I decided to use round cookies and see what I could come up with.

I love how the minis came out.  I have to admit that I'm still unsure how I feel about the round snails.  I just don't know.  I didn't want to add dorky mouths but it feels like something's missing.  No personality.  I'll have to try these again sometime to see if I can jazz them up.

Would you like to see how to make them?  (Brace yourselves for the horrible camera phone photos to follow.)

With a food color marker, draw spirals and heads on the round cookies.

Next, totally ignore the spirals that you just drew and pipe them.  Let dry for a little while.

Flood the spirals.  Let dry.  Flood the bodies.  Let dry.


Add the blue sky background to the rounds.  While it's still wet, add the antennae.

Pipe dots for eyes on the rounds.  For the minis, use a toothpick to place dots for the eyes.

Pipe dot details on everyone.

Or come up with your own ideas to cutify the rounds!  Maybe white dots, then the blue on top for the eyes?  Maybe more of a side view with just one eye?  Some cute mouths?  Clouds in the sky?

What would you do differently?


2 comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...